More and more banks are adding monthly maintenance fees or making it more difficult to avoid service charges on their checking accounts. The minimum monthly cost of maintaining a checking account at many banks can run from $5.00 to $12.00. Some banks call that “fair pricing” (CNN Money 1/24/11). At Empower, we think a ZERO monthly maintenance fee is “fair”.
Here are some of the features and benefits that make an Empower checking account a winner:
- No monthly maintenance fee or minimum balance requirements
- Earn interest any day your balance is $300 or more
- Direct deposit or Payroll Deduction
- Internet banking including on-line bill pay and e-Statements
- Voice Response service is like having a teller anywhere you go
- VISA debit/ATM cards for checkless purchases and cash withdrawals
- No “foreign ATM fee” at 4900 Alliance One ATM’s in the U.S.
- First order of checks free for new accounts (excludes High Voltage Checking)
- Overdraft Transfer and Overdraft Protection services available
For a listing of all participating ALLIANCE ONE ATM locations: www.allianceone.coop.
To open a checking account, come in or call us at 414-988-6600.
|Features||Power Checking||Power Plus Checking||High Voltage Checking|
|Monthly Service Fee||NONE||NONE||NONE|
|Interest earning*||No||Yes 1||Yes2|
|Per Check Charge||No||No||Yes|
|Free Online Banking||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free Online Bill Pay||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Free VISA® Check Card||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|* Interest paid for any day the checking balance is $300 or more. 1Power Plus Checking requires direct deposit for dividends to be paid. 2 High Voltage Checking requires direct deposit AND E-Statements for dividends to be paid.|